Running Jane's F/A-18 on Windows 8

Team Super Hornet Support Forum
mymelody12

Running Jane's F/A-18 on Windows 8

Post by mymelody12 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 am

Hello,

First of all, I was in awe and pleasant shock that TSH is alive! Thank you!
I last visited this website close to 10 years ago (when TSH v 1 was just about to be released).

I still had my old CD, so I decided to buy a gaming laptop, joystick and additional big monitor (now that I have more spending power than 10 years ago).

When I installed successfully the game and updated it to TSH v 4, I encountered an issue which I am now devestated. I was wondering if you could help with your expertise, and help an old F18 fan..

The installation goes well, and I am even able to get into the menu screen. However, when I click fly button, it crashes to desktop.
I tried multiple compatibility options, but the result is the same (also tried running only with 1.01 patch w/o TSH v4).

The new laptop is Lenovo Y500. It comes with resolution 1980 x 1080. I wonder if diff resolution of monitor is causing the CTD when trying to get into the game (fly button).
OS is Windows 8.
I visited many sites and forums last 2-3 days, but I haven't been able to solve this issue.

I would much appreciate it if you could help on this topic. I am kind of bummed out as I spent decent money to prepare equipments only to find out I can't run the game (sigh).

Sorry if I missed out any key information. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Cero

Re: Running Jane's F/A-18 on Windows 8

Post by Cero » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:20 am

Hi, try this...

Saludos
Martín

Johnnykal

Post by Johnnykal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm

I have personally tried this and it is still a no-go if anyone has figured out how to run this on Windows 8 please I would like to know what to do as I miss playing this great sim.

pstlouis

Post by pstlouis » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Johnnykal wrote:I have personally tried this and it is still a no-go if anyone has figured out how to run this on Windows 8 please I would like to know what to do as I miss playing this great sim.
Same problem. I tried also all the compatibility mode. no go when click on fly. Free falcon 6 work ok wondering why Janes/FA18 doesn't work..

OleVolsing

Post by OleVolsing » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:08 am

I recently got Windows 8.1 and it crashes to desktop when embarking on a mission.I've tried the suggested methods trying to make it Work but no succes so far.
Maybe it'll Work on Windows 10? :roll:

Pogo

Post by Pogo » Sun May 31, 2015 6:53 am

Perhaps try the TSH3.6 one click installer as opposed to TSH4?